Thursday, May 6, 2010

Story Behind the Picture: Seven Words



I took a poll. I asked women what words they would want to hear when facing a battle, what words they would say to their mother, their sister, their friend. I arranged them in order, from the first day, moving on and upward, through the journey. These seven words are for my aunts. They are for my cousin. They are for my college professor. They are for my childhood friend. They are for each one of us, because cancer touches us all.

In honor of May and Mother's Day, 25% of all proceeds from this print will go directly to my dear friend's organization, Phi Mammo Grama, as they raise funds for the Three Day Walk in the hope that, one day, the eighth word will be "cure."

1 comment:

MOLLYC said...

Very beautiful. Words I have had to remember in my life. Love to you. molly

Related Posts with Thumbnails